Live.Love.Bake.

About Me

My photo
Washington DC
PamCakes www.pamcakediva.com

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Spring FlipFlops - The ENCORE :)

So I'm a little behind on posting....EEK, but its been SUPER DUPER nice out after a long long dreay winter...I wanted to take full use of being outside!

Boy! if you like colors...and after this winter...who doesn't! Have I got a treat (tweet) for you! I know fans~ this is not twitter...
Here goes!

I started with these colorful & beautiful cupcake batter:


And ended up with these AWESOME CRAZY VANILLA CUPCAKES!!!!

Crazy Vanilla Ice Cream = Rainbow Ice Cream was always one of my favorite flavors growing up as a kid. It was no wonder these cuppycakes scored super BIG points with me. They were fun, moist, and delicioso!!!

So to top off the fun-ness! As if you could get more excited about these sucker! These were what I used with the.... (sound effect: Dundun-dunnn): FLIPPY FLOPS!!!!

I started with filling the layers of colorful yummy batter...


Stuck these suckers in the oven...


Yes, closer look...so moist with vanilla-y fragrance!


Topped 'em with nice fluffy PINK vanilla buttercream...




And to match the pretty girl's birthday event, I even made a batch of yellow & pink ones!


Spring is definitely full of Soooo much fun & Soooo many vibrant colors!
More to projects to come!

2 comments:

  1. Ha! No wonder I love the rainbow colored cake. My all time favorite 'ice cream' is also Rainbow Sherbet (from Baskin Robbins)... Rainbow Power!!! BTW-Were all the buttercream icing in vanilla flavor? I think I had one that tasted like cherry?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie,

    For some reason it just taste better when we love the colors. It is a fact that we eat with our "eyes" first! Presentation is a must! My vanilla buttercream is a pamcakes 'secret' recipe. So the cherry you taste is not cherry, but I'll have to give that a try! I do LOVE maraschino cherries! I am recently experimenting with a Guava fruit recipe as well! :D

    ReplyDelete